The MC406 CAE Buffer is a solid little utility box that most players don’t know they need until they try it.
When you run your signal from your instrument to your amp though long cables and/or through a large array of effects with varying impedances, there’s bound to be some signal degradation. Placing the MC406 Buffer in your signal chain addresses this issue. - See more at / /friday-giveaway-mc406-mxr-custom-audio-electronics-buffer/#sthash.vgikhbDf.dpuf
● It’s a low-noise buffer in a small, rugged housing
● it can add up to +6dB of gain with the front-facing gain slider
● it makes up for signal loss that can occur when combining effects with different impedence levels
● it fine-tunes signal recovery with Hi and Lo cut switches
● it has an extra output for a tuner, separate effects chain or amp, and can be set to receive either a buffered or unbuffered signal
● it also features a convenient 9VDC power output jack provides power for another pedal
It truly is a mighty utility with a small footprint—an ideal addition to any effects rig or pedalboard!